30 Minute Beach Workout
Why not make the most of the sunshine and trade your usual gym session for a workout on the beach? Exercising on the sand offers not only amazing views and an opportunity to soak up the sun but also it’s good for your joints and can be tougher than running on a harder surface to work up an extra sweat!
This 30 minute bodyweight workout is perfect for the beach, just grab a bottle of water and head to the nearest coast.
Instructions: Complete the circuit by performing the exercises back to back for 45 seconds each, with a 15-second break in between each one. Complete the circuit 3 times in total and take a 1 minute break in between each circuit.
1. Beach Sprints: Sprinting on sand is tough, so try to focus on maximum effort for a shorter distance. Do as many rounds as you can, resting for 15 seconds between rounds.
2. Mountain Climbers: Assume a push-up position with your arms straight and your body in a straight line from your head to your ankles. Without changing the posture of your lower back (it should be arched), alternate raising each knee towards your chest.
3. Right Side Plank: Lie on your right side with your legs straight. Prop yourself up with your right forearm so your body forms a diagonal line. Rest your left hand on your hip. Brace your abs and hold.
4. Left Side Plank: Lie on your left side with your legs straight. Prop yourself up with your left forearm so your body forms a diagonal line. Rest your left hand on your hip. Brace your abs and hold.
5. Jump Squats: Squat until thighs are parallel with the floor then jump back up as high as possible before landing into another squat and repeat.
6. Walking Lunges: Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands on your hips. Step forward with one leg, flexing the knees to drop your hips. Descend until your rear knee nearly touches the ground. ... Step forward with your rear foot, repeating the lunge on the opposite leg.
7. Press Ups: Okay, we know these are hard but if you find them a little tough you can do them on your knees!
8. Bicycle Crunches: Lie flat on the floor with the lower back pressed into the ground & place hands either side of your head then lift your knees to touch your elbows to the opposite knee twisting back and forth through the core.
9. Jumping Jacks: An oldie but a goodie! These are great for getting your heart rate going and your whole body moving!