The Food Medic’s Sweet & Smoky Chickpea Salad
- 230 g Parsnips, peeled & chopped into batons
- 2 Small tins chickpeas (450g), rinsed & drained
- 4 Peppers, chopped
- 2 Red onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Good4u Garlic & Chilli Salad Topper
- Smoked paprika
- Mild chilli powder
- Ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 120 g Rocket/Spinach leaves
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place the parsnips, peppers and red onion on a flat baking tray. Drizzle in olive oil, and sprinkle some smoked paprika and a pinch of salt on top. Roast for 35-40 minutes. Tossing half way.
- Meanwhile, prep the chickpeas by tossing in 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder, cinnamon and smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Place on a baking tray and put in the oven with the veg for the last 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the rocket, roast veg, and chickpeas into 3 boxes. Mix 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil and drizzle on top of each. Add a tbsp of good4u seeds to each lunchbox.