Asian Style Peanut & Sprout Salad
- 2 Large carrots cut into long thin strips
- 2 Courgettes cut into long thin strips
- 1 Good4U Salad Topper Lentil Sprout Mix
- 200g Mixed baby leaf salad
- 1 Large bunch of basil
- 1 Long red chilli (optional)
- 4 Lime wedges
Spiced Peanut Dressing Ingredients (or look out for spiced peanuts in chilli oil in your local Asian store)
- 300 g Unsalted peanuts
- 6 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Honey
- In a large pot heat, the oil until just about to smoke, toss in the garlic stir quickly it will go a toasty brown colour. Then, switch off the heat.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients into the warm garlicky oil and stir well. Let the dressing rest, cool and flavours marry and drain off any excess liquid
- Grab a big bowl and add all the Asian style salad dressing ingredients together to make a salty sweet and sour aromatic dressing
- Toss in the sliced carrots, courgette, baby leaf salad and half the sprouts
- Add in the spicy peanut dressing and toss it all around to mix
- Plate up keeping it piled high and finish with scattered sprouted lentils, chopped mint and basil leaves, sliced red chilli (optional) and a lime wedge.
Tuck in! On a hot summers day with an ice cold ginger beer!