Spicy Veggie Chilli with a Crunchy Topping
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
3 tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalk, finely chopped
2 red chillis, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 cups vegetable stock
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
Plant-based yoghurt, to serve
Fresh coriander, to serve
Good4U Garlic and Chilli Salad Topper, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large cooking pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, red pepper, carrots, chilli, celery and garlic to the pan, and cook for 10 minutes or until the veggies begin to soften.
- Add the spices and cook for a further 10 minutes until everything is soft and fragrant.
- Add the vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans and hot sauce. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add the lid and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh lime juice. Serve in bowls and top with
- Serve in bowls and top with plant-based yoghurt, fresh coriander, a drizzle of hot sauce and a generous sprinkle of Garlic and Chilli Salad Topper for some extra flavour and added crunch.