Easy Crunchy Quinoa Salad
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
185g golden quinoa
400ml vegetable stock
8 small red radishes, tops removed
1 large shallot
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 ripe avocado, cubed
Good4U Lentil Sprout Mix Salad Topper
- Rinse the quinoa for 2 to 3 minutes in a fine mesh strainer, then drain.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the quinoa and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth, bring to a boil, cover, and turn the heat down to low. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment and spread the cooked quinoa over it in an even layer. Let cool while preparing the vegetables.
- Dice the radishes, cucumber and shallot finely. Toss with the quinoa in a large bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice together with the lemon zest, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss this with the quinoa.
- Fold in the cubed avocado and lentil sprout mix for extra crunch. Serve on lettuce leaves for a lunch that’s delicious and full of goodness!