Kale and Apple Salad
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 bunches of Tuscan kale, stemmed and shredded
- 2 apples, thinly sliced, Honeycrisp or Pink Lady are perfect
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Good4U Caesar Crumbles
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the kale, apples, and pomegranates.
- To make the vinaigrette. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the shallots until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly. Add the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, tossing to combine. Top the salad with crumbed feta and a generous amount of Good4U Caesar Crumbles.
- Add crisped prosciutto if you would like to make the salad meatier.