Quinoa, Nectarine and Heirloom Tomato Salad
Nectarines and heirloom tomatoes are a great match! ..and when sprinkles with sea salt the nectarines take on a whole new identity that perfectly compliments the acidity of the tomatoes, the sting of chillies and the flavour of the vibrant herbs.
- 130g quinoa
- 800g mixed heirloom tomatoes or regular cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 1 small bunch fresh mint
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- Good4U Sprouted Salad Topper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon minced habanero chilli or a regular red chilli
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 120 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice and zest, chilli and vinegar.
- Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the onions and just enough dressing to coat.
- Gently toss in the quinoa, nectarines, and herbs (Tare the herbs rather than chop).
- Add more dressing as needed.
- Garnish with more herbs, a handful of Good4U Sprouted Salad Topper and a sprinkle of sea salt.