Rice Noodle Salad with a Crunch
Prep: 10 minutes (plus 30 minutes pickling time)
Cook: 20 minutes
60ml Biona Apple Cider Vinegar
2 ½ tbsp sugar
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and julienned
5 ½ ounces of rice noodles, broken into 6-inch long pieces
3 tbsp of Biona Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 granny smith apple, cored and julienned
1 cucumber, cut into thin strips
1 red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
15g mint leaves, roughly chopped
15g coriander, roughly chopped
Good4U Garlic & Chilli Salad Topper
- In a small bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar and sugar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the red onion and ginger and leave it to pickle for roughly 30 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- In a medium bowl, place the rice noodles and cover with boiling water. Let the noodles sit for 15- 20 minutes, or until they are soft. Drain the noodles and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil while they’re still warm.
- Add the apple, cucumber, chilli, mint, coriander and the apple cider vinegar mixture.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Toss until the noodles are coated in the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with our Garlic & Chilli Salad Topper to finish and serve.